Thursday 2 August 2007

Golf safety.

When playing golf with colleagues it is best not to stand forward of them any time they are playing a shot. I don’t mean 'not right in front', but not even slightly in front. That way you don’t give them the opportunity to laugh at your expression as their sliced ball passes about 6 inches in front of your shins, or their hook sails about 6 inches over your head.

I swear Dave and Eve were trying to kill me last night. I think the plan was to bump me off and have it away with my shiny new stand-bag.

Yes, I am carrying again. Or rather, carrying for the first time. In the past I have always used pull-trolleys either with a stand bag on, or a trolley bag. In Feb I bought a Motocaddy S1 electric trolley, which is great and makes the actual moving around the course very easy.

However, last week, we were scheduled to play at Duxbury, and they had a trolley ban on. Now, I no longer had a stand bag, or indeed any bag with straps, having donated my very first bag to Matt and Donna when they took it up. Soooo, to cut a long story short (too late, I know), I ended up buying a new stand bag and carrying it round.

This is a major departure for me. Avoidance of physical labour is second nature to me now. But, I found I quite enjoyed it. I felt like I’d had a bit more exercise and vowed to do it more often. So, I have made myself a promise, I will carry my bag for every 9 hole session we go for. I will carry for some 18 hole sessions, especially if it’s fairly flat. If it’s hilly (You know who you are, Scottish courses) I will at least be pulling a trolley.

We’ll see how it goes.



No comments: